About Me

My photo
New Albany, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wedding Plans....

I am having so much fun planning our wedding! Of course we still have 8 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days to go but its so exciting. I ordered my save the date cards last night and the lady already has them in production. They are adorable. Of course, they have owls on them since I love owls. Funny thing is, Steve thinks they are really cute too. He likes them a lot and the colors. My soon to be mother in law will be doing the actual invitations for us. She is a wonderful calligrapher. She bought my wedding jewelry as a Christmas gift this year too. Meant the world to me. It was a necklace and bracelet and they are even more stunning in person that when I saw them online. I, of course, cried when I opened it. I couldn't help it. It was special to me. Since my own mom can't be here with me to do these things, its nice to have someone step up and take that role on.

I really look forward to wedding dress shopping with her too and hopefully a close friend or two. We will see, I guess. We've also already rented the beach house we'll be staying at for the week and where the wedding will be held. It'll be in Ocean Springs, MS. A beautiful little town on the beach. We went to check everything out when we visited my family in Mississippi during Christmas holidays. I loved it down there and said if I was wealthy I would move there in a heart beat. Jace loved playing in the sand and putting his feet in the water. My niece and nephews did too.

My friend Kristina put me into contact with a wonderful photographer and I hired her after talking to her for a brief time and looking through her photos. She is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Her work is beautiful and I can't wait for her to photograph our big day.

We're not having the "normal" type of wedding. It will be on the beach, short and sweet, we will be saying our own vows, there will be no bridesmaids, groomsmen, or flower girls. Jace will be the ring bearer of course but that is about it. There is also not going to be a lot of people there. Just family and a few friends. We'll have dinner at the beach house right after and cutting  the cake of course.


Its all exciting, really. I am so happy. Steve is so happy. And, Jace is so happy. We've been a family for a long time. We're just making it official. I have to say, when I found Steve and fell in love with him, I found my soul mate. He truly is the best man and father I have ever known and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.