About Me

My photo
New Albany, Indiana, United States

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Now, we'll go back a bit.

After my mom left my dad, I got molested as stated in an earlier blog. Our mom couldn't care for us any longer and we went back to our dad. Apparently, he had a coming to God experience and started attending church except he still wasn't living his life on the right track but expect us too.Here's the real kicker of the story, we may have be 12 and 13 by this time. My dad would leave us at home for weeks at a time with no food, no money, no nothing to go be with his whore who was nuttier than a fruit cake. That's where they met. The Mental hospital.

The only thing my brother knew who to make was pancakes. They were good too. But, after so long pancakes were not that great. That's all we would we. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Until we ran out. Then we would eat mashed potato sandwiches, mustard sandwiches, mustard sandwiches. Anything we could find honestly when we weren't in school. My brother finally had to make the very hard decision in the 7th grade to quit school to help support me to continue to go to school so we could get the things we needed. I think for a long time he resented me and we fought. A lot. And, a lot of times we hated one another but we made it through. Without the help of a dad that wasn't there and a mom and sister that our dad refused to let be there because they chose to be with black men.

My brother and I had fist fights, he pulled a shot gun on me once and said he blow my brains out (he doesn't remember this) its understandable. He was a 13 year old boy having to basically try to raise himself and his little sister in a world that felt like it was never going to to work. I don't blame him for any of it and have forgiven for all of it honestly. I made peace with for that a while back and he knows that and this is the only reason I am talking about it. Right now. My brother is the best brother I have ever known, I kind of wish I knew him like this when we were little but I am loving knowing him like this now. We get to experience all this goodness together. He is not like he once was. He is my brother, he is Charlie Wright. I love him and I cannot wait for him to walk me down the isle on my wedding day.

I love you big brother!

No comments: