About Me

My photo
New Albany, Indiana, United States

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I feel whole again.

I really do. My entire thought process has changed. I view things differently and I am healthy to boot. I still speak my mind and always will. That is something that is built within me and I believe I have the right to free speech and I will use it :) I get it from my mamma. Wish she was still here but she isn't.

 First, I want to say congratulations to Steve. He successfully completed his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. I am so very proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He will graduate and walk this weekend. I cannot wait to see it. The entire time we have been together I have had to share his brain with school work. I have been patient, understanding, and supportive. He did this for us, for his family and I am so very thankful for that and to have him in my life. I love you Steve and you are my soul-mate. When I say this I truly mean it. I cannot wait until Oct 6th gets here and I can finally say I do to the man of my dreams. You truly are "my better half".

 Second, I want to say congratulations to my brother. He went to school to be a truck driver and to get his CDL license and he passed at the top of his class! I am so proud of him. He didn't think he could do it but I had faith in him the whole time. Me and a handful of others. He is in training right now in Des Moines, Iowa at one of the largest trucking companies in the US. He will be there for quite a while but its so well worth it. To see my brother succeed in something and do so well at it has warmed my heart and made me the proudest little sister ever.

Thirdly, my sister deserves a congratulations as well. She has been trying so hard to find a job and she finally got one. She said after our mother passed she would never work in the healthcare field again but she is doing it. Its only part time now but has the potential to become full time. I am proud of her for making these steps to better herself and her family.

As far as my father goes we still haven't spoken to him. Well, let me take that back. My brother talked to him very briefly. He almost caused my brother not to graduate from school and get the job he wanted. He used my dad as a work reference because he worked with my dad at his mechanics shop for over 4 years. When they called my dad he said "I don't know nothing about that". Its crazy how a "father" could do such things to their kids. We are still all refusing to call him and speak to him. If we were that important he would have called after all the cards I sent from Jan-March but he still hasn't. I don't care anymore. It was bothering me really bad but at this point he should no longer exist to me. He doesn't care so why should I? I have gotten help for my issues and know what to do to deal with my emotions. As bad as it sounds, I honestly could give two shits if I ever see him again. I really hope I don't. I am going down to my cousins wedding in June and I hope he isn't there. If he tries to talk to me I am just going to act like I don't even know who he is. That is how he has treated us over the past 5 months and half of our childhood so why should I care. 

With that, I am done :) I will leave you with a quote.

"Positive results will come when you start to replace your negative thoughts and habits with positive ones." 


No comments: