About Me

My photo
New Albany, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The mystery continues....

I went for my neurology appointment today. I must say I have trust in this doctor. Not sure why but he seemed to genuinely care about my concerns and cared enough to listen to what I had to say. With that being said my diagnosis is still up in the air. He explained to me that the hospital should have never told me it could be a pseudo tumor because you can't really tell with just an MRI. They should have given me a spinal type. Its obvious the ball was dropped on many occasions while I was at the hospital. I've done a ton of research on this tumor. Most of them are very positive outcomes so I am sure mine will be too. The problem is, since the spinal was not done they really don't know if they are dealing with a fake one or not. I could actually have a real tumor, a pseudo tumor, or migraines with visual disturbances. They will be calling me back tomorrow to schedule that spinal tap and to let me know how much its going to cost me. Yikes. It has to be done though, just in case.

On the bright side my Blood Pressure was 117/78 which is a normal for me. Hooray for that! I didn't think my blood pressure was ever going to get back to the normal.

I may not have the faith that everyone else does, but I have faith that this is just a stumbling block for me and I will be okay in the end. I really do. I have been super positive about this whole thing ever since I tossed a medication I was on. I think that med was making me crazy and obviously it was dangerous for me because it kept making my blood pressure drop way to low.

There are so many things going on right now and I am so very thankful to be surrounded by people who love me and care so much about me. If it weren't for all of them I would be crazy. Or crazier. Lol. The whole house has been sick the past few days, well about a week now. I was only sick for a day and a half thankfully. I am hoping it doesn't hit me hard though when I am least expecting it. So, all three of us had to go to appointments today. Normally, that would have pushed me over the edge but it didn't. With the help of my medication and all that my therapist has taught me so far I went about the day like a champ. Ha.

I will be going back to my "story" at some point so stay tuned. There is more to come and I am proud to say I have made tremendous progress on this journey and the telling of my story. Like I said before this is a very public blog and anyone in the world can read it. That is the point, for people to read and hopefully be inspired by my story to open up about their lives. And, to also make people own the things they did to myself, my brother, and my sister.

Until next time my friends.

No comments: